I know others might argue, but I know the truth. Dave had no experience with children before Liam's birth. He had never changed a diaper and didn't know what to "do" with babies. Those who have seen Dave in action know that he had nothing to worry about and he is wonderful with Liam and Ben.
When Liam was born and we were told (hours later after not knowing Liam's condition) that he would be transported to a NICU, Dave gave me a kiss and said he was sorry but he had to go to the NICU with Liam. Days later when I saw this baby that seemed like a stranger to me, Dave looked like a natural father, unconcerned about the wires and tubes attached to Liam.
As far as diaper changes, Dave is an expert at them now. He is also the only ones who clips the boys' fingernails as I once cut Liam and have been too scared since to try again. Dave has patience when mine has run out and thinks of games that I don't.
I am hopeful that with Dave as a role model, Liam and Ben will be wonderful fathers too.....some day a long, long, LONG time from now. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment