Friday, June 19, 2009

Ben has figured out movement in one direction




Yesterday at 10 weeks, 2 days Ben rolled from his belly to his back. Being 2nd born has many disadvantages, one is that I had already been waiting for this moment for 9 days as Liam rolled from belly to back at 9 weeks. When Liam rolled to his back, it was by accident during his 2 month well baby visit and the surprise of it made him cry. He repeatedly did it at home, and it took a good bit of time before it stopped scaring him. Ben had a much different reaction. Like Liam, he threw his head first (easy to do since both of their heads are so large and are hard to hold up while on their belly), and then smiled as I cheered him on. Very slowly, he rotated his hips so he was on his back.

I know this is the beginning of the end. His first purposeful movement means it won't be long before he figures out how to move away from me. In the meantime, I'll take my Ben cuddles as much as I can get them.

1 comment:

TwentySomethingMomma said...

Congratulations, Ben! =)

Michelle, the last paragraph in this post is such a bittersweet sentiment - motherhood is all about waiting anxiously for our children's accomplishments, but also realizing that every milestone is a step towards independence.

Enjoy those cuddles as often as you can - I know I'll be doing the same.