Ben has been on Zantac for 1 week now. We are seeing some improvement. He used to cry when he burped and spit up, and that crying has stopped. The screeching scream he was doing when he cried has stopped, as well. However, sleep has not improved, which means we are still having lots of crying due to being over-tired. He will not sleep in the car and does not fall asleep nursing. He won't fall asleep with rocking, and often fights falling asleep for hours. He has a well-baby visit next week, and I am hoping for some answers at that visit.
Yesterday we tried to go to a Pirate storytime taught by our neighbor in downtown Montgomery. I made sure that Ben nursed right before he went in and was focused on whether he would fall asleep in the sling during the storytime. I was so focused on Ben that I forgot about Liam's fear of new environments and strangers. Liam took one look at the crowded room and started tantruming. With Ben in a sling, I couldn't hold Liam close enough to calm him, and we had to leave. Lesson learned: arrive at actvities before anyone else or don't bother going.
2 comments:
Poor little man! =( And Liam as well - I'm so sorry he didn't get to enjoy story-time. Don't feel too bad about it, though - juggling the needs of two little ones in public is quite the ordeal (and something I've been struggling with as well). Just keep on doing your best! =)
- Tania
Medication is essential for little ones who have prolonged reflux, however, the best way to combat reflux naturally is positioning - this article talks about using positioning to help manage baby reflux - http://www.babyreflux.co.uk/knowledge/questions/10/Positioning+is+the+Key!
Post a Comment