My whole life I have had jealousy for friends who had surprise parties. I was a part of planning a couple of them and attended several others and always amazed at how loved the receipients of the parties were. I rarely had birthday parties growing up.....I had parties for my 1st, 7th, 8th, 10th, and 16th birthdays but not for any others. My 16th birthday party was my only present....I traded having a party for any present from family. Dave and I have known each other 9 years and he always tries to make my birthday special but there has never been a party....
until yesterday when I turned 36 and he surprised me with 3 of my friends and their husbands meeting us at my favorite Anchorage restaurant.
It was a wonderful night that won't soon be forgotten and I do feel very special, very loved, and very valued.
1 comment:
What a wonderful party! It sounds like you had a great time. You definitely deserve it. I'm so SO glad that you felt so loved on your birthday.
Surprise parties are so much fun, aren't they?
Post a Comment