Liam's SLP did a new therapy plan for him about a month ago, but kept forgetting to give me the paperwork. Now that I have it, I want to write out what Liam is now working on.
1. Liam will initiate social communication with peers and/or clinician in 4 out of 5 opportunities.
2. Liam will adjust vocal volume based on the environment 90% of the time with minimal cues.
3. Liam will demonstrate improved grammar and syntax with 80% accuracy.
4. Liam will maintain a conversational topic or pretend play story for up to 4 exchanges.
5. Liam will answer questions about past events with limited visual cues in 7 out of 10 opportunities.
6. Liam will respond to who, what, where, and why questions in 8 out of 10 opportunities.
Just typing out these goals, I'd say that he is on his way to meeting goals 1 and 3, but needs significant work on the other goals. It is hard to believe that a year and a half ago, he wasn't regularly putting two words together. It is nothing short of amazing actually.
I have noticed more leaps in his language since starting his church preschool. He has started to make small talks and spontaneously engage in social greetings. He is aware of many more concepts. He is figuring out the concept of time and has our schedule memorized. He has even started to finally ask questions. He tries to figure things out now, and is showing curiousity in the world around him.
In other news, he started Pee Wee Karate. The only goal of the class is to teach them how to act in a karate class and learn a bit about stranger danger. He loves it and I am happy with the way the class is taught.
I am still trying to figure out how to get referrals and how to track down the school OT to see what the results of her informal evaluation of Liam's fine and gross motor skills.

1 comment:
Great news on the speech jump!
Post a Comment