Monday, September 19, 2011

Neverending battles

I am feeling tired of finally overcoming one challenge to immediately face another challenge.  I am feeling guilty for the fact Liam is missing his childhood running non-stop between therapy appointments.  Today he'll have been out of the house for 8 hours straight....he just turned 4. :-(

I am trying to reduce our number of appointments, and in pursuit of this, I have been in contact ith the school OT so he can receive OT at school and maybe drop his private session.  In reviewing my concerns, she told me that the school physical therapist noted LAST year that Liam has leg tightness which limits his mobility.  She didn't call me and no one woulod have told me if the OT didn't happen to relay this information.

So, this means Liam might need leg braces or at the very least, he'll need private PT in order to avoid leg braces.  Nothing is ever easy for him and my hope of reducing appointments only managed to add another type of therapy.

And of all joys it is only Monday.  I still have two evaluations for Ben's devlopmental screening this week.  No wonder I constantly feel anxious and burnt out.

2 comments:

liza said...

Oh Michelle :( I hope that the issue with Liam's leg turns out to be less serious than you fear and that you get some positive news from Ben's evaluations. Sending you hugs.

Kelly2 said...

It is never easy. ((hugs))