Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Breaking news: Liam is brilliant

I met with the teachers today at Liam's morning preschool.  The big point she wanted to make is that Liam is brilliant, but as his mom, I already knew that.  His obsession with numbers means that he easily adds and subtracts.  He can group to make math easieer and notices patterns.  Within seconds of entering the classroom, he announces how many "wonderful friends" are there that day and the names of who is absent.

She thinks we can reduce the days that his ABA aide attends class to just 1 of the 3 days.  She mentioned how happy Liam is and what a joy he is to have in class.  Her only concern is that there is only one friend he really wants to play with and he needs prompting to interact with other classmates.  I asked about some of his difficulties at circle time and she thinks Liam is "just shy."  I asked about his reluctance to color and she said it is normal for little boys.

All in all, it was a good conference.

As far as a Ben update, he will start OT and speech next week.

2 comments:

x said...

Yay! Great progress Liam! Fantastic that he's got the number thing down. Always lovely to hear progress.
Tom still has some issues occasionally with addition, slowly getting it down though. His problem is he goes too quickly, pretty much in every aspect of his life.
Hope OT and ST go well for Ben. Keep at it, you're doing a great job!

Allyson said...

Just wanted to say how happy I am for you guys! I enjoy hearing your updates and it's so great to hear such wonderful news about Liam. Kudos to you for being such a great advocate for him and Ben.