Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A surreal day


This day was quite surreal.  It started with a phone call from CNN.  At 10am, I took this photo of the moon with my phone....today was the winter solstice.  I saw negative 1 at 10am, negative 4 at 2pm, negative 5 at 4pm, and probaably a bit lower by 7pm.  Liam had a social skills group with his ABA case manager.  I came home to my cleaning woman cleaning my house randomly after not showing up last week (and not being scheduled today).  I had a potential babysitter come over set up by our dear friends who are Ben's godparents--she is a friend of a friend of a friend so to speak.  I put Ben down for a nap and he fell right to sleep and I left Liam with the sitter while I ran Christmas errands.  Dave came home after only being gone 11 hours, which is a huge rarity.  And the night ended with a bonfire in our cul-de-sac with neighbors in temperatures approaching double digit negatives.  Does a day get more strange than that?

3 comments:

fairymom aka Victorymama aka Rachel said...

Oh now my interest is peaked! Why did CNN call? lol But in general it sounds like your day fell into place well. Hope it was a bit of rest for you! {{hugs}} Happy Holidays!

Kelly said...

That scenery is incredible!
how did the sitter work out?? I hope she's the answer to all of your dreams.. (wink, wink).

Michelle said...

My aunt suggested I subit my homecoming photos for a story at CNN with Robin Meade. I got an e-mail Monday asking for more information and was one of 3 women called yesterday (we were on a conference call). One woman was a newlywed, the other was the sister of a recently returned soldier, and then me. We told our story, what was happening in the photo, and then said a message to our loved one. I don't know when it will air yet though.

The sitter worked well. She did a great job playing with Liam, and she said Ben didn't even cry when he woke up. She is young (17) and very busy (high school student, is on the swim team, teaches swimming, etc) so I don't know how often I can use her....but I scheduled a date night next week for me and Dave which we desperately need. We'll get Ben to sleep with her and I am sure she can manage Liam.