Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Keeping me on my toes

Poor Ben has been sick since he learned to crawl, and last week he was REALLY sick and not doing much movement of any kind.  In the last few days, he started feeling better and now crawls from one end of the house to the other.  I find him in a different room than I left him in, and he really likes to close doors as he goes.

He has also been trying his best to pull up, and as always, I am amazed by how much happens in the course of 24 hours.

On Sunday, he kept getting in this position:
He was grabbing onto my legs as I knelt down by him.

On Monday, he really focused on the coffee table and would get to his knees and stretch.  He just couldn't bring himself to straighten his legs all the way.


Today he is totally better.  His cough is gone and the sore spot under his nose from constant wiping has healed.  I am not surprised that when I put him down for his nap, I watched him on the monitor as he pulled all the way up.


He is exhausted, but keeps signing "more" then pulling himself up, then sitting down and clapping and declaring "yay".  Then he'll sign "more" and pull up again.

It is also clearly time to lower the mattress AGAIN.  The kid is tall and his face spells out trouble:

2 comments:

natalie said...

Wow! Yay, Ben! Isn't it amazing how quickly they can learn once it starts?! :)

MWalker said...

Wow, Ben is taking off! I'm sitting here in awe of those amazing eyes and lashes. What a little heartbreaker!

Poor Liam! I hope he is feeling better too.