With the tedium of everyday life, an early start this morning, a rough few hours (including dropping a baby food glass jar that tumbled and sent baby food flying everywhere), and Ben's talking, I totally forgot that today is day 100 of the dpeloyment. I have been apart from Dave for triple digit days. The good news is that in my little countdown, this is my half-way point. Dave deployment is for 179 days, but that doesn't count travel time. It took him 6 days to get to his location, which makes the deployment 185 days. It should take him 6+ days to get home. I figure if I expect it to be 200 days, I shouldn't be disappointed with him coming home late.
So we are half-way there!!!!!!!!! It seems a lifetime ago that I posted about surviving 50 days and now it has been 100. I should have less than 100 to go. So in celebration, here are some old pictures of Dave and I together.....you know back when we took pictures together.....before kids. ;-)
New Year's Eve 2002
Engagement Photo in Fall 2003
April 17, 2004
Brugge, Belgium November 2005
Dublin pub, May 2006
SOG Ball, May 2007, 6 months pregnant with Liam
3 comments:
hooray for being more than halfway through! you guys are the cutest couple... it will be great to see some new photos of you two when Dave is HOME.
Halfway there!!!! It has been such a long and tough journey for you...I know! Hang in there!
What great pictures. You're such a beautiful couple. Congratulations on making it to this milestone!
Post a Comment