
Liam met Santa for the 3rd time this year, and still is not a fan of him. Liam first met Santa in October 2007 at the Lakenheath Holiday Market (the Air Force bases in England have them early as mail takes so long). That meeting went well b/c Liam was sound asleep and I warned Santa's elves not to wake him. Liam met Santa a 2nd time last year and it did NOT go well at all. I tried sitting with Liam hoping it would help, but it didn't much. This post has more details and pictures of course: http://routhierfam.blogspot.com/2008/12/liam-rides-polar-express-visits-santa.html
This year Liam seemed to remember Santa and clung to me with all his might. I assured him it would be okay and put him in Santa's lap. He tried to be brave and we got the picture above, but he started crying about 5 seconds after the picture was snapped, so I ran in and rescued him. Ben's reaction was interesting. He immediately started crying then noticed Santa's beard. As the picture shows, he was enthralled with the beard when the picture was taken. A second later (when Liam was crying), Ben was touching Santa's beard and laughing.
I expect there will be tears again next year.....
1 comment:
Better luck next year!
Although I must admit I'm one of those people who thinks the best pictures with Santa are the ones that show you what the kids were REALLY thinking! ;)
Post a Comment