

At 1:30pm, Central Time, it will be midnight on the 1st of January in the year 2010. I still don't understand where the half-hour time difference comes from, but Dave's time zone is 10.5 hours ahead of mine. I figured that due to this time difference, it is already 2010 for me. I am more than happy to say goood-bye to 2009. Ben's birth stands as the main bright spot for 2009. There were some glimmers of other positive things: new friendships and watching Liam and Ben grow. For the most part though, 2009 was a difficult year, full of bad news and challenges to be met. We dealt with pre-term contractions, having 2 babies under 2, the baby bunching, Ben's reflux and difficulty gaining weight, Liam's language delay and subsequent diagnoses of Sensory Processing Disoder and then an Autism Spectrum Disorder (PDD-NOS). So I am happy to leave 2009 behind 10.5 hours early.
2010 is the year Dave comes home, even though it is still 5 months away. He sent some pictures today taken during a recent convoy off base. Unfortunately, he leaves base alot....and I hate that. The first picture shows the convoy among local vehicles and the second picture shows a building.
It is strange to think that Dave is not only tens of thousand miles away, but is aalso in a different year, even a different decade than me.
2010 *will* be better, right?
1 comment:
It will be better for all of us! Lets take a look at your bright spots this year!
-you added a beautiful baby boy to the family and I bow down to your baby bunching, I doubt I could handle it as well as you do!
-You, fighting for the medical stuff for Liam and winning! And FINALLY a diagnosis! yay!
-freezer full of pureed food!
-Your hubby is promoted!
-Ben is back on the charts even WITH reflux!
Look at all the stuff you have claimed victory over! 2010 will be a piece of cake for you. :)
Post a Comment