Cold-weather girl living in the Carolinas with my wild and sweet special needs boys and trying hard to keep my cool
Sunday, October 18, 2009
"He ain't heavy, he's my brother"
Ben has developed so much personality recently and Liam has taken notice. Liam is in love with the baby and says "baby" and "Ben Ben" with such love that it melts my heart.
Brotherhood is certainly something quite special, isn't it? I'm starting to believe that the best thing I've done for my boys thus far is give them each other - and I'm sure you feel the same way too!
Michelle, the mommy, the only girl, obsessive about sleep schedules, therapy schedules, loves reading, wine, and cooking (not necessarily in that order)
Dave, the husband, Air Force JAG officer, problem solver, loves travel, unscheduled time, and Syracuse basketball
Liam, the primary student, the oldest son, loves penguins, especially emperor penguins, space, science, people-pleaser, gifted/ twice-exceptional, diagnosed with PDD-NOS but making amazing strides with ABA therapy, speech therapy, and OT
Ben, the preschooler, the youngest son, loves spinning in circles, climbing, and dancing, fearless, moody, and spirited, wants constant contact from Mommy, diagnosed with high functioning autism (Asperger's), but making progress with OT and speech.
Murray, red-point Siamese cat, the smarter, skinnier cat, his world revolves around Michelle and judging others for their inferiority, He tolerates Dave and Ben, but hides from Liam.
Sammy, red-point Siamese cat, the fat, dumb, fluffier cat, scared of everyone, and believes Murray rules the world
Ollie, the white German Shepherd rescue, loves taking walks, our gentle giant who just goes with the flow in this crazy house
1 comment:
♥ ♥ ♥
Brotherhood is certainly something quite special, isn't it? I'm starting to believe that the best thing I've done for my boys thus far is give them each other - and I'm sure you feel the same way too!
Post a Comment