Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dipping toes in the Gulf of Mexico












This last week, the boys and I joined Dave at his training in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. A wonderful friend let us use her family's beach home in Destin (more pictures coming, I promise) and it made it possible to have a few more precious days and nights with Dave. For those who didn't know, Fort Walton Beach was Dave's first assignment in the Air Force, and is where we got married, so it holds many good memories for us.


On Friday, we took Liam and Ben to the military beach right about 4:30pm. It was awfully windy and very bright, and Ben hid his face in the pouch I was wearing him in. Liam, on the other hand, looked at the vastness of the beach as a challenge and ran and ran and ran. Dave and I had a hard time keeping up with him.


Dave showed Liam the waves, and they chased them, allowing Liam's toes to get lapped by the waves. Liam kept yelling "again, again, again, AGAIN." He was squealing in delight and grabbing Dave for security. I briefly took Ben out of the pouch to dip his toes in the Gulf, but he yelled in protest, so back into the pouch he went.

3 comments:

three feet high said...

Great pictures! So glad you guys were able to be there with Dave :)

natalie said...

Yay! So glad you were able to have that family time.

:)

TwentySomethingMomma said...

Beautiful pictures, and I'm SO happy that the four of you were given the chance to spend some extra time together.