Monday, September 21, 2009

Too busy to sleep













Ben is too busy these days to sleep, which means I am too busy to blog. These last few weeks have brought lots of changes. He can sit up now, even better than these pictures show (they are at least 2 weeks old). He can sit without support and without using his hands for 2-3 minutes at a time. He is trying to roll, but cannot seem to be able to lift his enormous noggin. Poor Liam had the same problem. In Ben's attempts, he lifts his hips up while on his back and can rotate 360 degrees. He looks like a crab walking on his back. He is also all about Mommy these days--he plays with my hair while he nurses and attention coughs so I will look at him.
All this development does not leave much time for sleep. He has only been taking 1 nap a day. In addition, he has started staying awake for 2 hour stretches at 3am. This essntially means that from 3am on, I have an awake baby or toddler. So my only child-free time is between 8pm and 3am, and that time serves as time to eat, shower, sleep, and complete any household chores.
I am really hoping that Ben figures out rolling quickly and goes back to sleeping a more human number of hours.....because I am beyond tired, beyond exhausted, and in a constant state of haazy drunkeness.

No comments: