Liam starts preschool on Tuesday. I have been looking forward to this day since Ben was born, but I am terrified. Liam had severe separation anxiety starting at 2 months. For a period, he wouldn't even let Dave hold him. In response, I would become highly anxious whenever I left him. I have seldom left him due to the anxiety both of us experience when we apart.
These days Liam does not experience separation anxiety anymore, and he did fine for the 3.5 days I was in the hospital for Ben's birth. I worry about him more than ever however, as he falls behind verbally and socially from his peers. I am hoping that his preschool will help with that.
We attended the Grace Point preschool Open House this week, and Liam loved his classroom as the pictures show. He'll be in class with 9 other two year olds with birthdays ranging from April until September. He'll have 2 teachers: Miss Katie and Miss Shanna.
I am terrified for Tuesday. I can sense change coming and hope both Liam and I can weather the changes.
1 comment:
I remember when you first mentioned that you were considering enrolling Liam in preschool - seems like it was such a long time ago, but wow, the day is already almost here!
Sending you lots of strength as you let your little boy go out into a whole new world, and hoping that the adjustment will be as smooth as possible for him!
(By the way, there's something waiting for you on my blog!)
Post a Comment