Sunday, July 12, 2009

Marley and Me







Last night after a long day of running after Liam, Dave and I watched the movie "Marley and Me." We both had several epiphanies after finishing the movie.

The most important realization came mid-film, shortly after the birth of their 2nd child. The movie showws the couple struggling with a colicy baby that cries constantly and a toddler. It literallly felt like watching a movie of our lives. The most wonderful part was that the movie continued several years down the road, so we got a brief glimpse ahead. I know these days won't last forever, but sometimes I forget that.

The second realiation is that Murray NEEDS to live forever. I cannot imagine my life without him, so we'll just need to figure out how to make him never die. I'd like Sammy to stick around too. The top pictures show Murray on my lap while rocked Ben in a carrier and the next picture shows Sammy on our screened in porch.

The third realization is that I'd like a dog sometime soon, but just maybe not a puppy until my boys are much, much older.
The movie is fantastic, but make sure you have tissues nearby.

5 comments:

natalie said...

I have been wanting to see that since I read a little bit about it and realized it wasn't just another dog movie... since you liked it I'll have to put it on the 'to see' list! :)

BTW, thanks for linking to that Baby Bunching website! I hadn't seen that before and it was so fun to see all the other mamas out there who also have two very little ones.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it helped your outlook, it's always better when you can see the big picture...wish we did that all the time.:)

TwentySomethingMomma said...

Your kitties are so cute, and it's obvious that they're both an important part of your family. Here's to hoping that they'll be around for a long, long time. =)

Baby Bunching said...

Yes, thanks for linking us. Hey, is that a Marrimekko print carrier? I love it!

Michelle said...

Baby Bunching, your site has saved my sanity these last few weeks. :-) And it is a Marimekko print mei tai. I love babywwearing. :-)