Friday, July 19, 2013

Why the secrecy?

There are two reasons....In 2010 when I was struggling with Dave's deployment, I posted a rant which was reported to the JAG school and caused senior officers and spouses to accuse me of lying and Dave was called in Afghanistan.  The whole thing was a mess.  It made me a bit paranoid about what I put on the blog,  I considered going private then, but wanted to reach other autism families.

The second reason is more pressing....Dave recently took a job in special operations.  He has worked special operations before, but at our current location, it is a different level of special operations.  I cannot have his TDYs open to public knowledge but I don't want to lose this blog. 

I am thinking maybe I can decide to make it public again when his job changes.

2 comments:

Lourdes said...

Thanks for the invite - look forward to catching up on your blog.

I can't believe it was reported before...

Kelly2 said...

Privacy is a good thing I think, for the most part.

And I can't believe someone would have the nerve to report something that you wrote.

Glad to see you're back!