Friday, July 19, 2013

Dave's first trip is scheduled

and it will be tax free.

He is only going for 3 weeks, not even, but he will be in Afghanistan.....and he will miss Liam's birthday.....and Ben won't yet be in preschool.

I had hoped to have a party for Liam but there are not any party places closer than 40 minutes away and I cannot manage a lot of work all by myself.  I am still trying to figure it out.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

No party places at all? Not even a gymnastics place or a farm?

I give you a lot of credit for how well you handle things when Dave is gone. I couldn't do it. My husband was once supposed to go to Houston for 6 months for a trial. I was a mess, and I didn't even have kids yet. Then, of course, the case was dismissed (or settled or something- can't remember now) 36 hrs after he arrived.

Marissa said...

Oh yuck!! :( Is there a bowling alley on base? Build a bear? So sorry to hear Dave's headed back-- praying for safe travels.

Michelle said...

The gymnastics has NO air conditioning. I won't be able to survive that.

Nearby there is a paint your pottery but I foresee broken things or drop in daycare place but I am afraid that will be too baby-ish for a 1st grade party. I could do a video game truck but that means serving cake at my house.

Base is 40 minutes away, shopping places are 60-80 minutes away in Raleigh (closest Target is an hour away).

The best place is a Discovery museum that does science parties but it is 40 minutes away.

Kristin said people either have big backyard parties or take 1 or 2 friends and go into Raleigh.

Amanda said...

Does the 1 or 2 person thing appeal the Liam or is he just not close enough to anyone yet?