Sunday, May 12, 2013

The battle with strep continues

On Monday and Tuesday morning, I noticed blood in Liam's nighttime diaper. This reminded me of March 2011.  I had a Wednesday afternoon doctor's appointment scheduled for him when Ben's school called on Wednesday morning that Ben had thrown up.  Due to Ben's social language delay, they found a pile of puke and had no clue who did it until they found Ben with some on his shirt and crocs.  A strep test confirmed that BOTH boys have strep.

AGAIN.

What is interesting about this is that Ben had been in underwear for 2 plus weeks and about 5 days before the positive test began peeing in his underwear and went back into diapers.

Let me remind you of the criteria of PANDAS:

Symptom onset includes Primary ONSET of OCD* and/or Tics
along with at least two other following symptoms:

.
  • Tics or other abnormal movements
  • Severe separation anxiety, Generalized anxiety
  • Irritability, Emotional lability, Aggression, Personality Changes
  • ADHD, Inability to concentrate
  • Sensory sensitivities
  • Deterioration in learning abilities and school performance
  • Developmental and age regression (inc. Deterioration in handwriting)
  • Sleep and night time difficulties
  • Urinary Frequency or Daytime or night-time secondary enuresis
*OCD may present as severe anxiety
 
Ben has been waking up early, and repeating everything he says.
 
Liam's hyperactivity, aggression toward family members, and anxiety is over the top.
 
I hope we figure this out soon as I am tired.

No comments: