Sunday, May 12, 2013

Kindergarten graduation

Liam has had a wonderful year at Frazer Memorial Kindergarten.  I had a lot of angst about putting him in private school and losing his IEP, but given the school situation here in Alabama, it was the best choice for him.

Mrs. Struthers reports he is ready for 1st grade and has done wonderfully.  She said his fine motor skills and writing have developed and improved.  Despite being the youngest in the class, by quite a bit, he is academically near the top of his class.  She said in the beginning of the year, he was more of an observer but now he socially engages with all his classmates.  He does become tearful easily but is working on controlling his tears with deep breathing and counting.  She said that one day she became tearful thinking how much she'd miss her class, and all of the kids started yelling "Do the breathing Liam does; it helps him!"  So he is clearly accepted as part of his class.





I am proud of him and his hard work this school year.  I will miss Frazer and his wonderful teacher.


No comments: