Friday, April 26, 2013

Video blog of symptoms and improvements

In the month of April, I have been posting autism facts and myths of Facebook.  I have been pleasantly surprised by the support of my friends.  I begin to think of a way to really show the symptoms and vast improvement.  This is hard as it causes me to face the past.  For the sake of helping others, here is my autism fact of the day....video proof of symptoms and improvement.

This video is Liam at 17 months, trying to ride his Little Quad.  I say his name several times but he never responds to his name.  In addition, he needs help working it but never looks to me for help. At the time, I just convinced myself he was concentrating hard, but no toddler responds like this all the time:


23 months, arm flapping:

This post shows the difference from his talking at age 2 (before therapy) versus age 3 (after therapy): http://routhierfam.blogspot.com/2010/08/comparison-from-year-ago.html

Liam dancing the Wiggles by memory: http://youtu.be/WJAmgOf40vA

Liam in a meltdown:

Video Liam made at age 5:
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is great! I love hearing Liam talk and make his video at age five. Would you consider compiling your autism facts of the day on your blog here or on NextGen MilSpouse?