Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm a believer

 have delayed posting about this for awhile because I am just that skeptical.  Then my laptop died and I am only on-line with Dave's netbook which means I don't have access to my most recently uploaded pictures and I have been busy research new computers....Grrrrrr....Back to the point of this post though.

I decided to try taking Ben to a chiropractor to see if it could help any of his issues: reflux, sleep, fussiness, refusal to swallow food, on-going diarrhea.  The first visit was disastrous.  The initial appointment lasts 60 minutes and Ben started screaming in the waiting room and didn't stop until we left.  The next two appointments were minimally better, especially as they highlighted the fact that Ben does have sensory issues.  The last few appointments have gone well.  Liam loves the chiropractor, even though he doesn't get an adjustment, and Ben has gotten used to the routine.  After 3-4 weeks, his adjustments are holding, except in one spot....his neck.  I noticed he freaks out if I touch his neck (think of trying to button or snap little baby shirts). 

So, the big question is: have I seen improvement?  YES!  She suggested we start giving Ben digestive enzymes and that immediately put a stop to the diarrhea.  For the last week, Ben has been sleeping, and what I mean by that is taking a 2 hour nap almost every day.  At night, he is sleeping about 11 hours.  This is heaven.  I didn't even know that so much free time could exist.

Here, he is sleeping:
We are still dealing with reflux, a refusal to swallow food, and fussiness, but I am loving the extra sleep he is getting. 

5 comments:

Celeste Smith said...

Sign me up! I am so glad you are getting so much needed and earned rest!

MWalker said...

That is just awesome! I hadn't realized how much his sleep had amped up! Woo-hoo!

Beth said...

Oh Michelle, that's wonderful! I hope he continues to sleep so well for you. It is amazing what chiropractors can do sometimes.

Kelly said...

I love my chiropractor, I think he's a miracle worker. Knock on wood, Emily hasn't had another ear infection since she began seeing him and Kate's seemingly chronic post-nasal drip (which always triggered her reactive airway disease) has not flared up since she began seeing him.

I hope the good sleep continues! That's so awesome!

Dianna said...

I am glad you finally are seeing some progress.