We said "I do."
Dave sent me fancy chocolates from France in a wooden box engraved with our anniversary date. I didn't send him anything. It has been a tough year, so our wedding song is more fitting than ever:
Come Rain Or Come Shine
I´m gonna love you like nobody´s loved you,
come rain or come shine.
High as a mountain and deep as a river,
come rain or come shine.
I guess when you met me,it was just one of those things.
But don´t you ever bet me
cause I´m gonna be true if you let me.
You´re gonna love me like nobodys loved me,
come rain or come shine.
Will be happy togehter, unhappy togehter.
Now won´t that be just fine.
The days may be cloudy or sunny.
We´re in or we´re out of the money.
But I´m with you always,
I´m with you, rain or shine !
Days may be cloudy or sunny.
We´re in or we´re out of the money.
I´m with you, baby, I´m with you, rain or shine!
I have followed Dave from a city I loved to the South, leaving friends and family behind. I still miss Philadelphia so much that it sometimes hurts. From Florida, we moved to England, where we got to travel all over Europe. Unfortunately, we moved back to the South, and our time here has been the roughest on our marriage. This year alone, we dealt with more crying than I thought possible for 2 little boys to produce, reflux, an autism spectrum diagnosis, and a deployment.
I hope today to find some time to watch the highlights portion of our wedding video. I look forward to a time again in our marriage where we could pay some attention to eachh other. Heck, I look forward to a time when we can talk on the phone or see each other (last phone call was 11 days ago and last Skype conversation was 35 days ago).
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aww. Happy Anniversary!!! Lets hope that all the "thrying" things stay in year Marriage Year 5 and the rest are smooth and stress free. Year 6 is already better, hell be home this "year"!!!
Happy anniversary a lil late! I had meant to look at my girls' birth, first months videos on their birthdays but didnt get that done...did you get to watch some wedding video? <3 you!
Post a Comment