This week we are joining Polarn O. Pyret for "Make Every day a Play Day." We discovered the clothes made by PO.P when we lived in Alaska (as you can seen in the above photo). The boys loved in those windfleeces, and Liam's is still in good enough shape to pass down to Ben. PO.P believes in outside play, no matter the weather, and makes good quality clothes to allow you to accomplish this. Liam loves their underwear, and both boys find their shirts soft enough for their sensory-sensitive skin.
Why does PO.P care about kids and families playing outside?
The Goal: Celebrate outdoor play!I thought I was set for this challenge, but today things got thrown for a loop. I loaded the boys and Ollie in the car to drive Liam to school to discover my car battery was dead. This meant lots of phone calls, re-arranging rides, getting roadside assistance. Finally, Liam got to school, and Ben took his daily morning balanace bike ride while I walked Ollie. My view every morning looks something like this:
Why? Getting kids outside in the cold and wet weather can be a challenge. Doctors and teachers agree that kids need lots of time outside for a variety of reasons. Playing outside sparks imagination, improves motor skills and balance, provides a setting to learn about the natural world, boosts Vitamin D and promotes a healthy lifestyle that decreases obesity.
Your Challenge: Get your kids outside EVERY day next week to play. This includes walking to school or stopping at the playground when you walk the dog. We say any kind of time outside to explore counts.
Then I had to run errands which had been delayed by the unexpected car battery delay, so my outside time stopped for a bit.
After lunch, we picked Liam up and spent the time between school and gymnastics at a playground. It was perfect weather.
Here are the boys running back to the car so we could get to gymnastics on time. Sadly, we only logged an hour today, so far. I hop to get the boys back outside either before or after dinner.
After all, tomorrow Liam is having day surgery (tubes and adenoids) so our only outside time might be limited to our backyard.

No comments:
Post a Comment