Saturday, September 29, 2012

Social Breakthroughs

Liam continues to develop by leaps and bounds and amaze everyone who meets him.  We have had two social breakthroughs recently.

First, Liam has a female friend from school....one he made on his own without my help.  It is reported she saves seats for him at lunch and she has gotten him to play Barbies.  I took them to the ballet and to say they were adorable to watch is an understatement.

 
 
Second, Liam initiated a conversation about something that interested me.  He tends to talk "at" you and not much wait for you to respond.  He also has tendency to ask repetitive questions and to focus on only things that interest him.  I was shocked Friday morning when we had the following conversation:
 
Liam: "How was your beer tasting last night, Mommy?"
 
Me: "It was a wine tasting, not beer.  I had a wonderful time.  Thank you for asking."
 
Liam: "How many wines did you try? 5?"
 
Me: "No, I tried 7 wines."
 
Liam: "Oh, 7 wines!  Which one was your favorite?"
 
Me: "My favorite was the Pouilly-Fuissé."

Liam: "Oh, the Pouilly-Fuissé (I giggled inside as he said that like he knew what I was talking about).  Was it the number 5 wine?"

Me: "No, it was the 2nd wine."

Liam: "Well, we should buy some if it was your favorite."

Me: "That is a wonderful idea and I did bring some home so Daddy could try it."



3 comments:

x said...

Fantastic! I love hearing progress reports! Go Liam! Sounds like that was a totally typical conversation.

fairymom aka Victorymama aka Rachel said...

:D Yay for leaps and bounds!

Kelly2 said...

oh I LOVE this!!