Times seems to be moving fast here, and I feel like we haven't had time to catch our breath. We have had a run of evaluations, IEP meetings, and now non-stop therapy appointments, along with a stomach bug. When you add in Ben's birthday party and his birthday 2 days before Easter, I felt completely unprepared for the holiday.
Liam woke up at his usual early time and could see the baskets and hidden eggs from the loft so he was going nuts. We had to wake Ben, who is not a morning person. This meant Ben wouldn't let us fix is hair or even give him a dry diaper and demanded I carry him to these alleged baskets filled with toys.
Once Ben found some squishy balls, he was happy, but that meant all our Easter morning photos have his hair looking like this (snicker):
Then the boys started hunting eggs, completely ignoring the cool space books I got for Liam basket and the bubbles and squishy things I got for Ben's basket:
The boys were hyperactive all morning from the excitement of the egg hunt and the change and schedule....and the candy. I was hoping that Ben would nap, but he refused. So we got dressed up and went to a friend's house for a potluck dinner.
Before we left, I got some photos. I am glad I did as the boys were nightmares. It was one of those times where I was embarrassed and no amount of time outs or any type of parenting could result in socially acceptable behavior. They were pinging off the walls, grabbing everything in sight, and falling into tears and tantrums at the least provocation.
In any case, we got some nice photos before all of that....
They look so cute and sweet here that it is hard to believe they'd ever cause trouble.
This is why we don't have more photos of Dave alone with the boys. Ben is reaching for me and crying "Mama" here.
And we even got a family photo by timer! And a not bad one at that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HA HA HA about Ben's morning hair! Love it. Seriously love it. There is nothing better than children with bed head hair. I hear you on the meltdowns on Easter. We had them too (from Kate). I was very embarrassed as well-- nothing helped, other than it being time to go home..
Post a Comment