Wednesday, April 27, 2011

2 year Well Baby Visit

I remember a time that seems long ago when well baby visits were a fun time to find out how much my boys had grown.  Now the visits cause me stress.

Ben's ped asked about her referral for the developmental pediatrician.  It turns out that the clinic never processed it.  I should have followed up on it, but I knew I had his well baby coming up.  In any case, she made sure it went through and I am in the process of filling out the background information.  After the developmental ped receives it, we'll get Ben scheduled to be seen.

His ped assured that we had enough Prilosec until he can see the GI again. 

She also worked with me to make Ben comfortable so she could examine him.  It meant, I laid him in my lap, but he still freaked out and had to be restrained for her to look in his ears.  Tubes are still in place.  She is worried about his continued excema.  He seems to be in a non-stop flare up, right now his legs and arms are raw.

He is growing and isn't so tiny anymore, but still not proportional.  His 2 year stats:
Height: 33.5 inches tall (19th percentile)
Weight: 25 pounds, 3 ounces (17th percentile)
Head circumfrence: 51 centimeteres (95th percentile)

That makes him almost 3 inches shorter and 7 pounds lighter than Liam at the same age, but with a bigger head.....poor Ben.

You need a big head to support these cheeks.




Ben has been doing better.  He has been struggling with sleep--taking a long time to fall asleep, waking once a night, and up for the day around 5am....and not napping.  But other than that, he is eating better.  He had a bad reflux day on Monday, buut seems to have more good days than burpy, in pain days.  He has less random crying as I mentioned.  He is really into coloring on his new easel and really physically active these days.  Liek Liam, it seems like Ben will be easier and happier at 2 compared to age 1.



3 comments:

MWalker said...

I'm glad he seems to be doing better!!!

Kelly said...

ah but such a cute head he has. :-) Emily also has a large head-- I would say Kate does as well. It just means more facial surfaces to kiss. :-)

Celeste Smith said...

I think his head is just perfect! He is so tiny and adorable! I am glad that two's are looking better than the ones!