Monday, March 1, 2010

Sharing






I am beginning to slowly see some benefits of baby bunching.....not enough mind you to ever want two children this close again, but enough to make my solo parenting more enjoyable.

Ben is very mobile now.  He crawls quickly, he pulls up on everything, he cruises, he lets go and stands without assistance, and he sometimes lets go on one thing to grab another.  He is also intensely interested in everything Liam does.  Luckily, Ben plays like a big boy.  He can throw a ball.  He can drive a car while crawling.

Liam isn't much interested in social play.  He is becoming more tolerant of Ben playing near him and even with the same item.  He tries to share with Ben, as the video shows.  Occasionally, he even interacts with Ben.  He is a very good big brother in his own way, and clearly loves his baby brother.  Ben, of course, worships Liam, as only a little brother can.

I am looking forward to times when they can play together even more.



1 comment:

Celeste Smith said...

My sister and I are a little more than a year apart...and I would not have had anyone to play with in childhood had it not been for our close age! She is still to this day my best friend! I hope your boys always find friendship in one another (although I warn you know with the friendship come the fights!)!