Saturday, March 20, 2010

Need a pep talk


I knew this day would come when I wouldn't be able to see the end in sight.  I am 2/3 done with the deployment, but I feel lost and don't know how I'll make it to the end.

Ben's nighttime sleep is no better.  Today is the day when Ben is exactly the same age Liam was when I got my positive pregnancy test.  This means that Ben has been nursed longer than Liam (yay!) but it also means that Liam was sleeping through the night by now......and Ben is no where close to that milestone.

I am exhausted; I never get 4 hours of straight sleep.  My to-do list keeeps growing.

I feel adrift, like I am just biding my time until Dave returns and when I can get enough sleep to feel human.

4 comments:

Nellie said...

Keep goin' mamma! I just found your blog through the baby bunching website. :) it's nice to know of another mamma (I know there are many but can't seem to find their blogs!).
I'm Nellie. Mamma to Turner (3) and Elias (1) currently 23 weeks pregnant with number 3 and my husband is deployed right now.

three feet high said...

hang in there, michelle. do whatever you have to do to keep it together until dave gets back. soon he'll be home and you can work on getting more sleep, but for now just keep on getting through one day at a time.

bebe's sleep started to get a little better when she was about ben's age so i will keep my fingers crossed that the same holds true for you guys!

and, as always, i so wish i could come over there and help you...

sending you lots of hugs.

natalie said...

((hugs)), Michelle... neither one of mine are sleeping through the night, so some nights are rougher than others but mine sleep in, thankfully... hoping that things start getting easier for you soon!

Lindsay said...

2/3 done?! That means 1/3 left, thats nothin!! You have come so far and youre almost done!!!
Can you believe Ben is almost 1? Look at what a great job you have done (on the little sleep you get). You got this Michelle!
xoxo