Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 1 out of 200, approximately.....











In the past 8 days, there has been a promotion, a diagnosis of developmental disorder, an ear infection, military paperwork, and Hurricane Ida, but nothing could stop this day from coming. I cannot explain how it creeps up on you. The news he was leaving was more crushing than the actual departure. He just walked onto a plane and waved to us, and it almost seemed like any other day, except he isn't coming back for a bit over 6 months. Liam chose this moment to call him "Daddy" for the first time, and called out "No, Daddy, No, Dadddddd-eeeee!"

I was okay for the moment and my friend Chrissy spent the afternoon for me. Tonight has been rougher as Liam has asked for Dave over and over and over again. The rain from Ida is pounding my windows and I just want to snuggle with my husband.
Crossing one day off the calendar and not thinking farter than tomorrow when Liam will be off school, and we'll go to Kindermusik.....

But June, please hurry and get here. And this is most important, Dave, please stay safe!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How bittersweet for Liam to call out to his Daddy like that for the first time. I'm so sorry for everything you've had to handle just before your husband's departure, and I know just how hard a day like today is. Just wanted to let you know I'm praying for your family tonight.

Baby Bunching said...

Oh Michelle.....I'm not even sure what to say. We're thinking of you.

mrsmthdst said...

Michelle! I'm so sorry that Dave is deployed right now and pray the days pass quickly and safely.

I'm glad I ran across you via "Babybunching" blog favs of the week, since we lost touch from the original 2004 Weddings board and then the Parent Station (I think that's what it was called) forums.

You would remember me as gidget/gidgetgirl. I too am a baby buncher and my two boys are also 19 mo apart- Peter 1/08 and Andrew 8/09.

Email when you get a chance to mara at wi dot rrdotcom. In the meantime, you and yours are in my prayers!

Sharon from SE said...

Michelle, my eyes are filled with tears ... Liam said "Daddy" as Dave was leaving. Bittersweet indeed. If anything, Dave is going to be in a unique position to see how much incredible progress Liam is going to make over the next 6 months!! You're in my thoughts and prayers as well. :)

Tina said...

So heartbreaking. I am so grateful for the sacrifices military families like yours make. Big HUGS to you!

TwentySomethingMomma said...

Michelle, I'm just heartbroken over these pictures and the story that goes with them. I can't even begin to imagine facing such a long separation from my husband, especially with so much going on in your life at the same time.

I'll be thinking of you and yours, and hoping right along with you that Dave stays safe and that June comes along as quickly as possible!

CailinMarie said...

oh I'm stopping in from a blog you commented on. I hope this 6 months goes quickly for you! Best wishes to you.