Liam has started kindergarten at only age 4!
He went Wednesday to meet his teacher and classmates.
He is one of 15 kids and has a great teacher.
Since he has no IEP, I wrote a letter to the teacher explaining Liam and a copy of this book: book about Asperger's . I'd be happy to share the letter if anyone is interested.
The teacher said he is doing well. The first full day. The class went on a treasure hunt to find pirate's treasure box and learn their way arond the school. It might be a private preschool and kindergarten that is part of a church but there are 470 students and 44 teachers!!!!!!
The school is such a positive place. The teacher uses positive discpline techniques (i.e. rewarding good behavior) which fit along with ABA principals. Liam will do daily PE and recess and get weekly music. He will work on all the academic skills I'd want him working on.
Another positive is that Ben loves the play area inside the atrium:
I am hopeful for an amazing year and feel good that all my research and worry is being rewarded with a perfect fit for Liam. The fun part is that when we find out where we move next summer, I get to do it all again.
Friday, August 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I am so glad this school fits well with Liam and you! I know what a struggle that was, and can be. I hope you have the same success next year.
Glad to hear that K is going well for Liam! The teacher seems like a really great fit for him.
Post a Comment