At the end of July, Dave will have spent 3 months of 2011 TDY....pretty amazing for someone who is supposed to be learning how to run a JAG office (you know a job that requires him to be in the office). I digress.....I am a bit overtired and a lot hormonal.
This trip reminds me alot of a 2009 post, elbows deep in poop. Thankfully in the almost 2 years since that post was written, things have improved, especially in the sleep area.
However, one week into this TDY and I am elbows deep in poop and vomit....and the TDY is only 1/3 over.
Last Friday I was putting Liam to bed first and was dressing him while Ben played in the tub. I heard Ben yelling "throw" which usually means he is throwing the bath toys and soaking the bathroom in water. Oh, how I wish that had been the case. I found him with balls of poop in his hand and poop floating in the tub, stuck to the bathroom cabinets, on the floor. Liam immediately spun up into meltdown mode and I needed to simultaneously calm Liam, get him to bed as he was overtired, get Ben into a clean bath, and clean the poop before anyone played with it anymore. In case you cannot count, I have 2 hands, and all that was impossible. We survived, and eventually everything got done.
Ben has been waking at night. When he wakes, he generally takes up to an hour to soothe back to sleep. Last night he woke at 11pm and I was doing a victory dance as he fell back asleep quickly with some simple back rubbing. My celebration was short-lived when I woke to Liam crying at 12:30am telling me "I spit" which in Liam translation means "I vomited the content of everything I ate all over my bed." As I got him into the tub, I discovered he had been sick out of both ends of his body. When Liam throws up in bed (and sadly this is the 4th incident in 9 months), Dave usually deals with cleaning the bed up while I deal with Liam. Once it was clear Liam was calm and happily playing in the bath, I started cleaning up his bed. I was trying to clean vomit off Jaquar (one of his special stuffed animals) when I head him crying again. I find him in the tub with puke floating in the water and covering his chest and before I can figure out what to do, he starts throwing up more. I was waiting for his head to start spinning around. I rinse him off and move him to my tub and resume cleaning the bed. Once Liam is clean and his bed is stripped and re-made, I check on him....just in time for him to throw up again. Thankfully, I got him in front of the toilet in time. Then I clean up his bathroom and read him some stories. He starts crying again and throws up again. By this time, it is 3am and I am so tired that I feel nauseous. I make him a sleeping bag surrounded by towels in my room and ask him to relax. An hour later, he is still awake and demanding to go to his bed.
I fell asleep around 5am and was woken up by Ben at 6:30am. Thankfully, Liam has kept almost all of the contents of his stomach in place since waking up. I am tired though, and have had enough of poop and vomit for the time being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How you do it...I have no idea. It continually amazes me. (((hugs))) I am always thinking of you and it causes me to limit the amount of whining I do about my own life and my own hubbs job demands!
Thinking of you guys and praying Liam is recovering and no one else gets the yuck. *hugs*
Oh Michelle (hugs)... Hoping the bug was short lived and no one else in the house got it.
Post a Comment