Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Terrible Twos

Ben is well into his terrible twos these days.



This is bad timing as Liam is in a defiant streak at the moment; in addition, I never dealt with the terrible twos....Liam didn't have them due to his delays.

I often say Ben is like a rock star: loud, moody, a bit bipolar, and quite demanding.




The whole rock star thing is my argument for keeping his hair long, but Ben's hair length is a bit of a family argument at the moment.  Dave tells me everytime Ben is called a girl, but Liam was called a girl more often and he had short hair, so Dave's ploy isn't working.  That and since Liam was born, I have grown thick skin to the comments of others.



I get asked alot whether it is Ben's nap time, sometimes at bizarre times of day like 9:30am or 5pm.  The truth is that he doesn't have random crying spells anymore but he is just a cranky kid. Ben can be very happy and is quite entertaining when in a good mood.  He makes me laugh all the time.  But his moods turn on a dime, and he goes straight into a screaming, kicking demon.  We are often asked to leave places due to the disruptions he can cause.


For now, I'll leave Ben's hair long as it suits his rock star personality.  I have a feeling parenting will be a wild ride with him.

No comments: