Friday morning, June 4th after multiple delays, Dave was finally on the way home to us. Anita met me and the boys at the airport. US Airways and the Montgomery airport gets 2 big thumbs down for failing to allow us greet Dave at the gate. Here I am arguing trying to convince them:
Ben kissing his Daddy doll while waiting for Daddy:
I LOVE this shot of Ben making a break for security:
Anita caught Liam in a rare moment of still-ness:
And then we started to see passengers from his flight. And suddenly, I could see him, and I pointed him out to Liam, who ran at him as fast as he could. Dave caught Liam and it was like no time had passed:
The joy on Liam's face was so pure and complete and he kept his little toddler arms wrapped around Dave's neck as long as he could:
Ben was sleepy so he was in a carrier on my back. I was too shocked to cry, and too overwhelmed by emotion to even know what to do or say:
I wanted Dave to have a chance to hold Ben so I handed him over, but Liam refused to let go and stayed in Dave's arms. Dave learned how hard it is to hold two growing toddlers:
Ben was unhappy about being taken from his napping spot in the carrier and unsure about being held by Daddy:
This is the happiest I have been in over a year:
First kisses with the younger toddler in between us and the older toddler next to us:
Liam insisted on kisses too:
Ben fell asleep in the carrier, Liam still refused to let Dave put him down, and we walked out to the car. We loaded the boys in, and for the first time, I felt overcome with emotion and jumped at Dave:
More kisses:
















7 comments:
tearful...beautiful...awesome...
Love to you and yours...
gosh, these make me cry every single time i see them!
YAY! Dave's home. I'm so very, very glad you all are together again.
Sittin' here crying (again) Michelle. They are beautiful and how wonderful that you were able to capture this wonderful day in your life. I am so happy for you.
Crying again here too! <3
tears in my eyes.. beautiful! So happy you are all together again!
The photos are just as powerful as the first time I saw them....SO incredibly happy that you are all together again!
Post a Comment