Friday, July 6, 2012

Strep and ear infections times 2 and other things making me sad

A week ago Liam woke up with a 103 fever, and a trip to the base pediatrician clinic showed a left ear full of fluid (his tubes only fell out a month ago) and strep throat.  We got a script for amoxillian and came home.

Last night I found out that the ABA tutor we worked with in Montgomery will be taking a year off from providing therapy.  Emily is amazing and she was one thing I knew would be good for Liam in Montgomery.  Liam's BCBA in Alabama already has him scheduled with someone else, but Emily is quite special.

Last night Ben wouldn't sleep.  He hadn't napped yesterday but still he did not fall asleep until almost 10pm, was awake from 1am until 3:30am when I gave him melatonin, and he woke cranky this morning.

In between trying to deal with Ben, I saw some news at the preschool in Montgomery where Ben will be going.  The director there is moving.  She is also quite special, and was so patient with me as I asked a million questions and stressed when Liam started preschool.

I noticed Ben was warm, so off to Urgent Care we went, and he also has a fever. strep throat, and an ear infection (his tube in visible in one ear and that one is clear, but his right ear is infected and no tube is visible).  We just got home with a second script for amoxicillian.  The last dosage is the day we board our flight.

No comments: