Monday, February 6, 2012

Kindergarten visit, take 2

I think the e-mail from Liam's teacher explains it all:

I was just going to email you!
He did great today! He came in talking about it and we went over everything with him. This time he did not have to leave his work unfinished (although we're going to teach him a file folder trick. It's for unfinished work. He can keep it safe so then he can finish it at the first opportunity). T went with him and the speech therapist and they took a visual timer with them (in case he was worried about when he'd be coming back :-) Since he was so upset last week, we tried to cover all of the things that could possibly turn into a problem; so today was only a five minute introduction to the class. They are doing this in Mrs. N's Kindergarten room. It's free play time during Liam's scheduled time in there so they can work on social skills. When Liam came back he was all smiles and both he and T seemed excited. Liam said they had fun toys and that he liked the rocks with leaves (fossils) and the dinosaurs the best :-) All of the children were in there (probably about 20 kiddos) but in the area where Liam was playing there were only about 3 others. His time in there will be expanded up to 30 minutes asap. I think this will be good for all of the boys going to Kindergarten. The OT may also work out some time with Liam and W on Wednesdays but first we'll see how the Mondays go.
I just love Liam's general attitude! He came in today loving everything! When he asked me what we'd learn about today I told him the planets and he said "I just love the planets, especially the Earth". Then he also said he loved everything else I brought up. It sure is wonderful to have a kiddo who's so positive all of the time!!
Thanks Michelle! Have a good evening.
Miss J

2 comments:

liza said...

This post brought a HUGE smile to my face. Just look at how far he's come!

Kelly2 said...

You must be so thrilled! I'm so glad he loved it and did well.